John Murray Robertson, 1874, extended 1876 to No 4 Victoria Raod. 3-storey and basement commercial block in distinctive manner of Alexander "Greek" Thomson. Ashlar with incised Greek details. Brick-built sides and rear.
ELEVATION TO BELL STREET: symmetrical 5-bay. Centre and outer bays single-light, inner bays 3-light. Central battered doorpiece with pediment and acroteria on diminutive, flanight-level recessed pilasters. Ground floor and basement plain. 1st and 2nd floor windows recessed with incised anthemion band at 1st. Pilastered mullions; pilastered 2nd floor. Anthemion frieze, cornice and parapet. Curved 3-light angle.
ELEVATION TO VICTORIA ROAD: 7-bays, alternatively single and 3 light, similarly detailed, but No 4 without basement: entrance architraved and lined with paterae. Mullions altered at 1st floor, 3rd bay from right.
ELEVATIONS TO RING ROAD AND REAR: blind brick gable, yellow brick with ashlar window dressings to rear.
Slate roofs, ashlar ridge stacks. Windows sash and case 2-pane glazing pattern with decorative wrought-iron bars to basement.
INTERIOR: Offices off 2 light wells, each with flagged platforms on cast-iron columns and rolled steel joists.
Fine cast and wrought-iron stair balusters.