David Cunningham, 1877, 5-storey and attic, 5-bay ashlar fireproof granary and bonded warehouse with 6-stage clock tower.
N AND S ELEVATIONS: ground floor blind with central arched keystoned and corniced entrance. Upper floor string courses. 1st, 3rd and 5th bays tripartite, within 4th flor keystoned arched recesses. Wide elliptical arches to 2nd and 4th hoist bays, door openings now blocked in brick, with cast-iron lintels. Impost-level string courses. Main cornice and parapet.
W ELEVATION: ground floor adjoins transit shed. Upper floors blind with continuous string courses and main cornice. Central projecting square-section hoist tower, single light to each face of 5th stage. Cornice 6th stage large clock face within arched opening with impost-level string course to each elevation. Top cornice, pierced parapet, angle dies and ball finials.
E ELEVATION: snecked rubble, 3 band courses at floor levels. Gabled sheet metal-clad elevator. Small timber-clad lean-to buildings at base of elevator.
Slate roof with tall gable skkews. Window primarily boarded rather than glazed.
INTERIOR: fireproof: cast-iron columns and bowed Hodgekinson beams, brick arches and wrought-iron ties. 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor columns are flanged at bases for loose grain dividing boards. 5th mezzanine floor a timber mezzanine on wroght-iron breams within roof-space of angle-iron principals and struts. Stair at SE with large rectangular well
Statement of Special Interest
With the warehouses of James Watt Dock, Greenock, Meadowside Granary, Glasgow, and Rennie's infilled West and East Docks, Leith, the only multi-storey dockside warehouse in Scotland. A granary and general warehouse, perhaps only later bonded. The appearance of the E gable suggests that an extension to Camperdown Dock was planned.