Alan Stevenson, 1846. Lighthouse and keeper's house in
Egyptian manner. Lighthouse, 2 stage, squat lighthouse drum,
corbelled to support cast-iron balustrade and domed lantern,
set in wide, single storey semi-circular base. Projecting Graeco-Egyptian portico. White painted broached ashlar with
ochre margins and dressings to tower. Keeper's House, single
storey, 3 bay house with lower single bay wings. Slightly
projecting Graeco-Egyptian doorpiece with similarly detailed
pylon pilasters flanking 3 central bays low coved parapet.
Similar detail continued in both pairs of stacks. White
painted broached ashlar. 16 pane sashes. Flat roof. Coped
rubble wall surrounds Lighthouse and Keeper's House.