Late 17th century. Mains farm, circular in plan around centre
court; rubble, ashlar dressings. Mainly 2-storey and loft,
though originally alternating four 2-storey with 4 single
storey blocks, all with lofts. Segmental headed entrance in
centre of N block, flanked by 4 similar arches to exterior,
now blocked, and 2 to interior, 5 small bipartites at 1st
floor of exterior above entrance, 3 similar in inner face.
Irregular fenestration; small windows in 1st floor; some
inserted windows; diminutive swept dormers; 4- and 12-pane
Corniced stacks; crowstepped gables; stone slate roof; stone
ridge; irregular roof heights. 3 exterior stairs provide
access to 1st floor.
Statement of Special Interest
Believed to have been built by Sir Robert Gordon 3rd Baronet,
1647-1704. Similar and contemporary "half round" at Dallas
Lodge, Moray, also property of Gordons of Gordonstoun in
late 17th century. Roof slates probably from quarries at
Dallas. Stable floor tiles re-used to pave forecourt.
Now serves residential, library and classroom requirements of Gordonstoun School.