J M Arthur, 1924. 2-storey, 15-bay, L-plan, corner block, classical bank. Giant order, engaged polished granite columns terminating in advanced, block and baluster, 2nd storey balcony. Cream ashlar sandstone, channelled on ground floor. Cill height, grey granite base course, dividing band between 1st and 2nd storey, projecting cornice, parapet. Plain recessed margins to windows, pilastered upper storey.
SE (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: 6-bay, symmetrical corner block: entrance bay to centre, flanked by cast-iron torcheres; granite hoodmould to entrance, modern steel doors, Roman bound reed bundles supporting sandstone cornice over; bronze sculpture group within niche above; blind balcony baluster dividing 1st and 2nd storey; recessed, blind upper storey terminating in stepped parapet bearing swagged, inscribed panel: ASB INSTITUTED 1835. Advanced plinths to ground supporting engaged giant order Tuscan columns to flanking bays; entablature terminating in block and baluster parapet of 1st floor balcony, swept buttresses between bays.
E (SIDE) ELEVATION: 4-bay and NW return; regular fenestration.
S (SIDE) ELEVATION: 4-bay, regular fenestration to upper storey, parapet terminating in bock to outer left. Modern shop front to ground floor. Obscured by abutting building to SW return.
NW (REAR COURTYARD) ELEVATION: harled, irregular fenestration.
Fixed multi-pane windows. Low hipped roof, grey slates, lead flashing.
INTERIOR: original 1920s timber panelling, counters and ornate plaster work ceilings.
GATEPIERS AND GATES: tall, square-plan piers; base, column bearing relieving panels, projecting cornice, architrave, flat capstones. Geometrically patterned, cast-iron gates. Gates and piers linked to Airdrie Public Library (see separate listing).