Large walled enclosure laid out by Kennedy, 1832 on site of
older garden (additions 1956) in formal manner with Terraces
and grand staircase below mansion and keep, and containing
some 50 odd pieces of sculpture dating from 17-19th cents.
Square pillar with octagonal centre and spired top having 76
hollow and facet dials. Dated 1630. John Mylne III master
Classical garden ornament or "gloriette" having centre arch
and large basin flanked by R-doric columns and niches with
statues. 18th cent., brought here from Grimsthorpe in 1932.
Baroque single arch pavilions chanelled ashlar with marble
busts at wallhead. Date uncertain perhaps c. 1832.
4-arch rubble with battlemented parapets, late 18th-early