Formerly dated 1828, incorporating slightly earlier block. Row of
3 (formerly 4) cottages built on failing ground and following bend in road, consisting of single storey and attic, single storey, and single storey and basement respectively. Rubble sandstone with droved and margined quoins, most now stone cleaned, some concrete window dressings, purple and grey slate roof. Window previously lying-pane sash and case, majority now with out-of-character uPVC or aluminium frames; plain bargeboards, moulded gable and ridge stacks.
FRONT ELEVATION: L-plan section at left; window and door at left, advanced gable at right with window at ground floor and attic. Single storey, 3-bay section at right with door in slightly advanced gable, window at left and right. L-plan section at far right; projecting window at advanced gable at left with round-headed opening at attic, door and window at right; door to basement and corbelled oriel window (with original glazing pattern) and right return gable.
REAR ELEVATION: projecting piended roof wing at centre and various other smaller additions. Some modern rooflights, windows and a porch.
EARLIER BLOCK: situated immediately to the rear of northern cottage
(No 9); gable has Aberdeen bond masonry with door at basement and window with original glazing at main floor, both with chamfered margins, blocked arrow slit opening at attic, chamfered coping at skew; return elevation at right has blocked window at basement and blocked door at main floor which formerly had forestair, 12-pane sash and case window at right.
BOUNDARY WALL: low rubble wall with cast-iron railings at front of cottages.