1855, extended 1864. 2-storey, 5-bay asymmetrical villa with single storey block and conservatory to N; rambling- plan villa; Jacobethan details. Cream-painted harl with sandstone ashlar dressings and margins. Base course; quoin strips; string course; hoodmoulds; bipartites, stone mullions; chamfered reveals; eaves cornice.
SW ELEVATION: 5-bay villa with 1864 lower block recessed to outer left. 2-stage, square entrance tower to left; 4-panelled door with plate glass fanlight; stepped hoodmould; bipartite to left return; bipartites symmetrically disposed to each face at 1st floor, stepped hoodmould, strapwork over; shaped parapet on moulded corbels. Slightly advanced gabled bay to right; full-height canted bay window. 3-bay symmetrical block to outer right; polished sandstone tripartite window and gabled
dormerhead slightly advanced at centre, ball finial; flanking
dormerheads to outer left and right, blind lancet at gablehead;
fleur-de-lis finials; blank at ground floor left and right. Lower
sandstone gabled block, blank harled bay and conservatory to outer left. Tripartite window; armorial plaque with date stone 1864 at gablehead; blank bay recessed to left, canted conservatory on sandstone base to outer left.
4-pane and plate glass sash and case windows; grey slate roof; sawtooth skews, ashlar coping to skewputts; console skewputts; coped, rectangular apex and ridge stacks, octagonal cans.
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.
OUTBUILDINGS: long, rectangular-plan, asymmetrical outbuildings to NE of house. Cream-painted harl with sandstone dressings and margins; quoin strips, eaves band. 4-panelled door off-centre to right with plate glass letterbox fanlight, coach opening outer right; windows (all with replacement glass, all with lying-pane effect) asymmetrically disposed. Pantiled roof; squat, coped ridge stacks, octagonal terracotta cans.
GATEPIERS AND BOUNDARY WALL: curved low ashlar plinth wall with simple cast-iron railings, terminated by piers with pyramidal caps, now capped by cast-iron lamps.