Circa 1844 with later 19th century additions. 2-storey, asymmetrical, gabled, former manse to adjoining former Free Church. Whinstone with sandstone ashlar margins and dressings. Chamfered reveals. Base course, cill course, quoin strips, decorative bargeboards.
W ELEVATION: 3-bay main block, 2 bays to left with slightly advanced broad bay to right, gabled ashlar porch in re-entrant angle; single storey block, 4th bay, to outer right. Segmental-headed doorway; 2-pane fanlight, 2-leaf door; hoodmould; bargeboard. Sandstone, tripartite bay window at ground left, bipartite above, gable over; single window to right. Broad gable to outer right of main block, canted bay at ground, blocking course, tripartite window at 1st floor, stepped hoodmould, label-stops. Single storey block to right, tripartite window, timber gable over.
E ELEVATION: rear elevation of house, later 19th century single storey addition extending E at outer right forming kitchen court. Stair window off-centre to right, etched glass, colured border; door and window at ground, , window at 1st floor outer right. 3-bay scullery, door with 2 windows to right, blocked door to outer right.
N ELEVATION: partially harled. 2 bays; windows symmetrically disposed.
S ELEVATION: 2 gabletted, symmetrical bays of single storey block. Taller main block behind, 3 symmetrical, gabled bays.
Plate glass sash and case windows. Grey slate, gabled roof. Coped, sandstone ridge stacks, octagonal cans.
INTERIOR: not seen 1993.
GATES AND BOUNDARY WALL: slender cast-iron gatepiers with pyramidal caps, painted black and gold. Decorative cast-iron gates with arcading, cross and star motifs.