Early 19th century single pile range (possibly by William
Robertson) fronting and flanking later 18th century house.
3-storey, 3-bay house with 2-storey rear courtyard range
possibly including earlier stables. 2-storey, 7-bay SE
symmetrical frontage. Red droved ashlar frontage and side
elevations, rubble rear, polished ashlar dressings. Band
courses moulded eaves cornices; symmetrical ridge and end
corniced stacks to main house.
Slightly advanced centre bay with projecting semi-circular
portico supported by 2 pairs Roman Doric columns; simple
panelled and corniced entablature; shallow flight
semi-circular steps. Centre door with decorative fanlight and
flanking side lights; centre 1st floor window set in blind
lunette with stepped blocking course above main cornice. Tall
flanking ground floor windows; shorter 1st floor windows
linked by cill band. Symmetrical double pile 3-storey return
elevations with some blind windows. Large sun lounge slapped
in SW return elevation ground floor (1930's). Semi-circular
stair tower projects centre rear in courtyard, rising full
height in centre of later 18th century 3-bay symmetrical rear
elevation. Blocked door at base of stair tower.
Early 19th century 2-storey courtyard range to rear, with
4-bay side elevations. Inner court has covered way on 3
sides, supported by stone Roman Doric columns, infilled in
1930's with each bay lit by bowed windows.
Multi-pane glazing throughout. Slate roofs.
Interior; early 19th century corniced plaster ceilings with
decorative centre pieces in drawing and dining rooms left and
right of plain entrance hall; panelled doors with simple
corniced architraves; panelled window shutters; 1930's
decorative wall light niches in dining room. Various changes
of level in 1st and 2nd floors, owing to differences of
height between original inner 3-storey house and later 2