Rebuilt circa 1910, probably incorporating earlier
structure. Single storey 4-bay Hebridean-type thatched
cottage; north-facing and built on eminence near road.
Thick, battered, rubble-built and lime-washed walls with
curved angles. Door off-centre right; 2 windows on rear
wall; end stacks added - 1 central flue, heather thatch
roof secured with netting and stone weights; wallhead
mainly covered by thatch.
Interior: box beds; partition wall to east built of
timber framework with clay/pebble infill to eaves level,
vertical sticks above with interwoven heather rope and
mud daub; roof timbers with pegged joints; front door
with wooden hinges and lock.
Statement of Special Interest
Unoccupied (1983). House shown on this site on 1st ed.
O.S. (surveyed 1878). Although thatch reaches to outer
wall head, cottage is essentially Hebridean type: this
arrangement may date only from circa 1980 rethatching.