John Wilson, architect and builder, 1831. 2-storey and attic,
wide 3-bay house. Harl pointed rubble, tooled ashlar
dressings. Symmetrical SE entrance front, with slightly
advanced and pedimented centre bay; centre door with narrow
sidelights. Symmetrical 2-bay NE side entrance; large
tripartite in ground floor of SW elevation. 12-pane glazing.
Modern box dormers, single in front and 3 to rear. Paired
centre stacks; piended platform slate roof.
2 single storey, single bay wings project to rear, forming
rear service court.
Walled garden; coped rubble walled garden.
Steading; L-plan steading/gighouse and stable to rear; rubble
with tooled rubble dressings; piended slate roof. Gate piers;
pair simple square ashlar gate piers with pyramidal caps.
Statement of Special Interest
Former Church of Scotland Parish Manse. "an excellent and
commodious house". (NSA)
Description of items in Cawdor Village commences at west with
Old Manse and continues east through West End, Back Street to
Bridge House; from thence West to Lavender Cottage and