Probably William Burn, circa 1827. Greek classical single
storey gate lodge, with additions of varying date Cullalo
ashlar with cill and blocking courses; architraved
S ELEVATION: advanced 5-bay block (outer left bay an
indistinguishable addition, circa 1986); fluted Doric
columns to pedimented porch at centre; 2-leaf panelled
door; window in flanking bays, narrower in outer bays.
Recessed bays to outer left (added sensitively circa
1986), with regrettable later conservatory added.
E AND W ELEVATIONS: canted bay to E end, and harled
modern extensions to W end.
N ELEVATION: originally with slightly advanced centre,
doorway with panel above, flanked by windows flat-roofed
low rectangular outbuilding added to outer right,
intercepting window. Modern harled addition to outer
right replacing original flat-roofed outbuilding.
12-pane glazing pattern to sash and case windows.
Corniced ashlar stacks, with some decorative cans
retained. Flat-roofed replacing shallow piend.
PIERS: square corniced ashlar gatepiers by porch.