J M Bowie of Dumfries architect, circa 1929, remodelling
small plain, rectangular-plan 3-bay church of circa 1816.
Painted rubble, with red ashlar dressings, porch, bell turret
and spire. Gothic; hood-moulded, painted central doorway on
west gable, tall gabled porch with cusped panels and swept
gable detail supports octagonal bell turret with louvred
opening linked by looped hoodmoulding to each face and squat,
faceted and crocketted spire, apex cross. Hood-moulded,
pointed windows with cusped tracery flank porch (similar
windows to bay); panelled clasping buttresses at west end
with gableted pinnacles; gableted finial over east gable:
former vestry now a chancel; low, bull-faced, red ashlar
porch added in south east re-entrant angle. Shaped skews;
Interior: plain boarded dado, vaulted roof and pews.
Octagonal pulpit. Leaded 3-light chancel window undated.
Early stone font on modern base.
Quadrangular churchyard enclosure with ashlar-coped
rubble-built walls, gate at either end of south wall: square
rusticated ashlar gatepiers; hearse house to south east of
church. Square-plan rubble-built, crenellated burial
enclosure against south wall of church with 1655 armorial
panel: armoured male effigy in re-entrant angle: some good
17th-19th stone monuments.