Architect possibly William Aitkinson, circa 1820 perhaps
incorporating some earlier work. Stables complex (still used
as such), 1 and 2 storeys/lofts, with cartsheds/garage;
kennels, haylofts, etc. built around quadrangular, partly
cobbled, courtyard: latter entered from east between 2 tall,
wide 2-storey 3-bay piend-roofed ranges and corniced square
gatepiers. Coursed squared rubble, ashlar dressings. North
east and north ranges have some round-headed openings/panels
to courtyard, at ground level, kennels at west end of latter
range low west range has series of 4 garages to courtyard and
courtyard gateway (with gate piers) at either end; linked at
south to house. 2 barn doorways on south range. Openings
mostly square-headed; windows mostly sashes with 12-pane
glazing - some modern glazing. All roofed with graded slates.
Original stable fittings and stalls survive in south east
block. Walled small court to south, beside house.