Barbour and Bowie of Dumfries, architect. Built 1909. Scots
Baronial Police station with house adjoining. All bullfaced
red ashlar with polished dressings and crow-stepped gables.
House: 2 storeys, 3 bays; central porch with curved gable:
outer 1st floor windows with pedimented dormer heads (other
windows bipartite), inner window swept-roofed; coped end
stacks; rear wing. Station: 2-storey "tower house" with
splayed base. Corbelled and crenellated parapet enclosing
gable; lower window barred, segmental-arched upper windows:
linking bay with round-arched door in lean-to porch: low
wings to flank and to rear. Slate roofs. Coped bullfaced
ashlar wall to roadside, swept down and railed towards
square, pyramid-capped gatepiers.