Farmhouse by William Burn, completed 1834. steading probably
by Walter Newall, presumably near contemporary (? circa
1830). Farmhouse: 2 storeys; baronial features having
crow-stepped gables and corbelled angle turret; low bay links
single storey and attic service wing to north. Built of
snecked stugged and squared pink rubble with ashlar
dressings. Twin-gabled 2-bay south elevation; east and west
elevations each have gabled north most bay and projecting
chimney breast; west gable advanced with square entrance bay
projecting from re-entrant angle (modern glazed porch
adjoins) corbelled above in to tall circular turret with
leaded paraboloid roof; projecting west-facing bipartite in
linking bay. Corniced end and wall head stacks. Steading: 4
ranges built on sloping site around quadrangular courtyard.
Whin rubble with contrasting pink ashlar dressings. East and
west ranges single storey, latter is double-pile with twin
north gables (beside courtyard entrance), byre to court and
cartshed to west elevation at lower (ie basement) level of
slope; tall north range a barn (also with cartshed) with
lofts, basement and slit vents at west end; blocked cart
arches on east range; court main entrance central on south
elevation with tall barn at west. Central midden partly
brick-walled, and with roof supported on cast-iron columns.
Roof ventilators. All roofed with graded slates.