Architect probably Walter Newall, circa 1830. Courtyard
steading with detached single storey and attic 3-bay
farmhouse to east. All rubble-built with ashlar dressings;
house is whin rubble with contrasting dressings, steading
is whitewashed. Roofs mostly covered with graded slates.
House: south elevation: shallow advanced and gabled inner bay
with corniced plain doorpiece, boarded and glazed 2-leaf
doors and tall fanlight; single window above in gable-head;
2 20th century gabled bipartite dormers; small-paned sash
windows; crow-stepped gables; corniced end stacks; rear wings.
Steading: 4 ranges, cobble courtyard entered either side of
detached east range. Tall west range with 3-bay stable,
cartshed, barn at north with 2 tiers slit ventilators; loft
openings boarded and glazed; pulley wheel high on north wall.
Other ranges single storey. North range with rooflight
ventilators, south range lengthened/partly rebuilt in brick
and with corrugated roof. East range with brick modern
addition to courtyard.