Architect probably Walter Newall, circa 1830. 2-storey 3-bay
farmhouse with detached courtyard steading to rear (west).
All built of whin rubble with contrasting ashlar dressings;
all roofed with graded slates.
House: east elevation: round-headed central doorway behind
corniced plain doorpiece, panelled door with fanlight; sash
windows with bracketted cornices; bipartites at ground with
lying-pane glazing, single 1st floor windows plate-glass.
Corniced end stacks; piended roof. Low rear wing.
Steading: essentially 4 ranges built around cobbled
quadrangular court; tall 2-storey barn at west with 3-bay
stable, cartshed and winnowing doorway; boarded and glazed
loft openings; other ranges single storey; detached south
range with loft at west, forestair on south wall, and door in
either gable. Louvered or axial roof ventilators to other
ranges. Rubble-walled central midden. Good stone dykes
linked to steading.