Architect probably Walter Newall, circa 1830. Courtyard
steading with plain mid 19th century 2-storey farmhouse
adjoining south east corner. All rubble-built with ashlar
dressings; steading whitewashed; slate roofs. Steading: tall
west range with 3-bay stable, cartshed and barn, loft
openings boarded and glazed; full-height single-bay return at
south meets entrance to court, other ranges single storey;
east range with stepped roof levels includes original single
storey farm cottage (now rear wing of present house); north
range altered but retains louvered roof ventilators.
Rubble-walled central midden; partly cobbled courtyard also
entered at north east corner.
House: 3-bay south elevation with advanced gable left, porch
in re-entrant angle, hood-moulded windows mostly bipartites.
Rear wing (original house) has 3-bay east elevation,
slightly advanced and gabled central bay with attic light,
and hood-moulded windows. Windows mostly sashes; saw-toothed