Built circa 1830. Asymmetrical 2-storey farmhouse with
detached small courtyard steading to rear (west). All built
of whin rubble with ashlar dressings; house is whitewashed;
all roofed with graded slates.
HOUSE: originally an east-facing single storey 3-bay cottage
with Tudor hood-moulds and crow-stepped gables; substantially
enlarged to south and to east mostly probably by Charles
Howitt circa 1860; original central door now a window, and
gabled wall-head dormer added. Addition to south has 2-bay
elevations, bipartites and gabled wall-head dormers; advanced
gable left on east elevation with gabled porch in re-entrant
angle; saw-toothed skews. West (rear) wing originally single
storey; cantilevered forestair and (later) porch on west
gable. Sash windows throughout with small-paned glazing,
lying-panes in circa 1860 windows, otherwise 12-pane glazing.
Steading: built around cobbled quadrangular courtyard and
arranged as 2 L-plan blocks separated by courtyard entries.
Tall north range with cartshed and segmental-arched barn door
to court (other openings all square-headed), boarded and
glazed loft openings, and slit ventilators. Other ranges
mostly single storey, west range taller at north, also with
boarded and glazed loft openings. Straight skews.