Mr Corson of Manchester, architect; John Murdoch of Castle
Douglas, contractor. 1865 Hall church with bold gable to
street and derivative Germanic tower with saddle-roof to SE.
5-bay buttressed nave with lancet and roundel simple lights.
Rockfaced coursed masonry with polished sandstone margins,
bands and quoins.
Main elevation to S: wide steep gable with large plate
traceried rose window. Buttressed tower in 4 stages. To
ground, round-arched hood. Moulded doorway dated 1865 in
tympanum. Set-off above between finials attached to
buttresses. Square-headed double-leaf door. Clockface to 3rd
stage; louvred openings to 4th with rounded heads and circle
in spandrel. Steeply pitched crowstep gabled roof.