1815-20, 2-storey and attic mansion over raised basement,
east facing 3 wide symmetrical bays to all elevation with
pronounced canted outer bays flanking east front entrance.
All coursed tooled, mixed pink and grey coursed granite
rubble, contrasting tooled and polished sandstone ashlar
dressings. Centre entrance with painted ashlar Roman Doric
columned portico; rectangular fanlight with decorative
radial glazing 9-panel door approached by splayed flight of
steps over-sailing raised basement with original decorative
cast-iron hand rail. Steps aligned to front-age by ashlar
bandcourse which encircles building between raised basement
and ground floor.
Large (raised) ground floor windows, 3 in canted bays
flanking entrance, the front being blind but glazed.
Tripartites in 1st floor of canted bays, with blind side
lights. Regular fenestration in return gables and at rear,
where some alteration and probably excavation has taken
place, opening up basement approach; garage door slapped
in basement and NW raised ground floor window masked by
corrugated iron covered way carried on bridge to link up with
later single-storey corrugated iron extension on rubble base.
Small piended dormer in front and 2 each north and south
sides; multi-pane glazing; moulded eaves cornices and
blocking course to front wallhead; piended platform slate
roof with centre pair long corniced ashlar flue batteries.
Interior; panelled dados, window shutters, and doors in all
principal ground floor rooms; moulded door pieces;
decorative plaster cornices; centre plaster roses; reeded
wood chimneypiece in front public room right of entrance
hall. Cantilevered staircase rises full height in centre rear
of house with castiron balusters with palmette detailing and
polished wooden handrail.