Possibly by David Bryce, circa 1867. Stables to Castlemilk
House, large courtyard block with free-standing octagonal
structure (?game larder); detached cottages at W and N. All
bull-faced red ashlar with polished dressings. Sash windows,
mostly small-paned; roofs covered with graded slates.
COURTYARD BLOCK: symmetrical S front to driveway, tall gabled
centre with pend, buttresses and large ventilator over;
flanking bays with single windows at ground, broad-eaved
small dormers; crow-stepped gables; other elevations
similarly treated, some triangular loft ventilators.
OCTAGON: 2 storeys with slit ventilators and curved
forestair; facetted steep roof.
COTTAGES: pair single storey 3-bay cottages at N share common
roofline and have bipartites; detached cottage also 3 bays
and with ground floor bipartites, but with central porch and
wallhead (stone) dormers and crow-stepped gables.