Detached ?late 18th century 2-storey 3-bay farmhouse to SW of
circa 1830 U-plan farm steading, latter in style of Walter
Newall's Drumlanrig estate farms and built around courtyard, originally
with water wheel on S wall of barn. All whitewashed
rubble with ashlar dressings; house has painted margins and
rendered W front; all roofed with graded slates.
HOUSE: wide central (?circa 1830) porch at W with tripartite
window and piended and platform roof; sash windows, mostly
with 12-pane glazing pattern; corniced end stacks; slate
roof; 2-bay S wing with lean-to to courtyard.
STEADING: barn on S range originally with 2-bay cartshed, cast-iron
breast wheel, privy at SW corner above tail-race; E range
with 3-bay stable; low byre forms N range, and retains
stone-lined central drain, triangular stall partitions on N
side; dovecot at W near main door.