1843. Alterations, A. & W. Reid, Elgin, 1862; further
alterations, 1893. Rectangular church with wide gables
facing NE and SW. Rubble with tooled ashlar dressings.
Projecting gabled porch at NE front with round-headed
entrance and double leaf door with fanlight with
intersecting tracery. Flanking round-headed windows and
smaller hood-moulded centre gallery window with later
19th century tracery. Small occulus in gable apex, with late
19th century bellcote above. 3-bay flanks with
round-headed windows with intersecting Y-tracery;
2 narrow round-headed windows light SW gable (flanking
former pulpit) and abutting single storey Minister's
room; lattice pane glazing. End stack at SW apex and to
Minister's room; slate roofs.
Interior; galleried interior in very poor condition. No
interior fittings survive.
Statement of Special Interest
Original church, built in 1843 on site gifted by John
Clark Brodie of Lethen, was "3 roofed", and later altered
to achieve present wide single span.