John Kinross, dated 1902. Single storey and loft and 2-storey
courtyard stable, carriage house and dwelling range; small
U-plan court at NE. Random rubble, contrasting finely tooled
and polished ashlar dressings. Round-headed ribbed and
hoodmoulded entrance arch in centre of W elevation, flanked
at left by 4-bay stable block and right by asymmetrical 3-bay
dwelling with gabled wallhead bipartite, the gabled with
decorative carved datestone.
Symmetrical 10-bay single storey S facing elevation with
gabled end bays raised to 2 storeys. Irregular gabled
2-storey house projects at NE with N entrance gable and
abutting small courtyard with E entrance flanked by square
tooled ashlar gatepiers with stepped pyramidal caps.
2-storey stair turret with bellcast conical slated roof
projects from N elevation.
Inside face of courtyard (linked by passage to NE court)
punctuated with doorways to stables and dwellings; also wide
entrances in E and S ranges to former carriage houses with
joggled lintels and now closed by wide windows. A profusion
of discreet carving decorates gabletted wallhead dormers,
often with stepped and moulded detailing at wallhead;
monogrammed plaques and coats of arms; roll moulding to
doorways and window openings. Double and single oak doors
with wrought-iron furniture; multi-pane glazing. Square
leaded louvred ridge cupola; moulded coped to ridge stacks;
stone slate roofs.