Probably George Gordon and Co., architects, Inverness, 1913.
Gothic. Rectangular church orientated W-E with canted apse
at W gable and square, 2-storey tower at E. Harled with
contrasting painted tooled ashlar dressings.
Gabled porch projects at S side of tower. Pointed-headed
entrance under square hoodmould with cusped detailed in
spandrels. Pair double-leaf plank doors with decorative
cast-iron hinges. Tower has 2-light pointed headed windows in
ground floor (west and north) and 1st floor (north only).
Blind clock faces under hoodmoulds in west and south,
hoodmoulded louvred windows in second stage under corbelled
and crenellated wallhead, octagonal stair turret. Stepped
diagonal buttresses. 3-bay flanks with pointed-headed
hoodmoulded windows with Y-tracery and buttresses. Single
hoodmoulded windows in each facet of apse. Lattice-pane
glazing. Small vestry projects at NW with shouldered lintel
to entrance. Base course; slate roof.
Interior; simple rubble walled interior with tooled ashlar
dressings. Panelled dado to cill height in nave and apse.
Hammer-beam timber roof with plank ceiling. Octagonal pulpit
with cusped detailing to panelling. Various mural memorials
to Grant family of Glenmoriston.
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical building in use such.
Church erected in 1913 by endowment of Harriet Morrison,
daughter of James Murray Grant of Glenmoriston in memory of
her husband, Frank Morrison of Farnwood, Ascot, Berkshire.
Present building replaced earlier picture of which survives in