William Robertson, architect, Elgin 1836; tall, rectangular
church orientated E-W. Harled with tooled ashlar margins.
Pointed-headed entrance in centre of W gable with similarly
lintelled gallery window above and flanked by long roundheaded
blind windows. Symmetrical 4-bay long elevations, long windows
with 4-centred heads and simple Y-tracery; similar, though
wider, window in E gable, partially blocked at base by
Minister's porch and vestry. Decorative lattice-pane glazing.
Bellcote with Gothic detailing and stiff leaf decoration to
finial surmounts W gable; simple square finial at E gable
apex; crowsteps; slate roof.
Interior; galleried interior; gallery to 3 sides with plain
(later) front supported by painted cast-iron cluster columns;
late 19th century Minister's dais reach by short stair; pews
1958 brought from elsewhere some mural memorials and stained
glass in E window. Unusual scissor braced roof, church bell of
1780. Burial ground; drystone wall encloses burial ground