Early east facing portion dated 1751, extended earlier/mid 19th century probably to form H-plan, the southern recess being filled in later 19th century by bold, tall 2-storey entrance section re-casting main entrance to south. Also late 19th century substantial additions at NE with library, additional service rooms etc. All harled with ashlar dressings
2-storey, wide 5-bay south facing facade, with wide projecting centre bay with off-centre door with segmental headed light above, and closely flanked by mullioned and transomed windows, with similar fenestration in 1st floor (lighting later 19th century drawing room) Flanking gabled crowstepped bays, with 2-window facades, to SE being gable of 1751 house. 3-storey, 8-bay west elevation, the upper windows breaking the wallhead into gablets.
Symmetrical 2-storey and basement, 5-bay house (dated 1751) faces east, centre bay with shaped wallhead gable, door at ground, window above set in dated semi-circular keystoned panel, occulus above; centre door flanked by later 19th century rectangular bay windows; scroll skewputts and apex stack to centre gablet; diminutive paired occuli in gables. 1751 and earlier 19th century ranges mainly reglazed, but a little 12-pane sash and case glazing survives; some stained and lattice glazing to entrance front fenestration. Various rambling single and 2-storey additions fill NE and rear, enclosing irregular rear service court; some canted mullioned windows; corniced end and ridge stacks; slate roofs.
Interior; main south entrance opens into panelled entrance hall, thence to stair hall with carved wooden balustered staircase.
Panelled dado and chimney piece in 1st floor drawing room, which has ornate painted plaster ceiling with cornice; pair fluted pilasters frame wide bay window.
Early house has original scale and plat staircase, now enclosed in later 19th century panelling.