Circa 1830, rectangular courtyard steading, rubble with
ashlar dressings. Two storeys (upper storey without
openings except at grieve's house).
South elevation of 9 bays with advanced ends and slightly
advanced centre which is carried up a further storey as a
dovecote containing 550 stone nesting boxes with 2 rows of
flight holes arranged in triangular fashion and covered with
a slightly bellcast pyramidal roof surmounted by a
weathervane; at centre bay, round-arched pend opening; at
end bays tall segmental-arched carriage opening at right
and segmental-arched recess at left. East elevation (forming
approach to mansion House) of 11 bays with end bays and
centre three bays (grieve's house) slightly advanced; tall
round-arched recesses at centre and end bays; at the bays
flanking the centre segmental arched recesses.
Later large opening slapped in north elevation. Later covered
cattle court inside square. Piended slated roofs. To south
of square, detached single-storey and loft, rubble-built
cart shed with granary over and smith's shop at rear; 4
segmental arched cart shed openings at west end. Slated roof.