Dated 1886, incorporating earlier core. Rambling 2-storey
and attic gabled house with NE entrance front and long
SE garden elevation. Baronial details, all harled with
extensive tooled ashlar dressings and margins.
Entrance to right of irregular 4-bay gabled elevation set
in tooled ashlar walling with Jacobean style pedimented
doorpiece. Transomed and mullioned ground floor window to
left with shaped and stepped panel containing Mackintosh arms.
Corbelled angle stair turret rising from first floor
terminating in bellcast conical roof with gabletted dormer
and apex finial.
Mullioned and transomed oriels light principal public room
in raised ground floor to E gable wing. Pedimented gabled
dormers break wallhead N and E; varied glazing; extensive long
and short detailing to all window architraves. Garage/stable
wing extends S with E facing gable pierced by pair oculi and
glazed ridge cupola with leaded ogee roof and dated weathervane
(1886). Extensive rear service extensions; crowsteps; coped
end and ridge stacks; slate roofs.
Rubble walled garden terrace fronts E elevation; ashlar cope to
walling and to low balustrade of flight of steps terminating
with paired stone urns.