Earlier 18th century with various additions and alterations
forming L-plan group. 2-storey W facing cottage,
formerly several dwellings linked prior to 1850 to later
18th century S facing cottage at right angles, and by
1900 extended to N. Red sandstone rubble with variety
of dressings, some stugged, some with rounded and some with
SE ELEVATION: 3-bay cottage to right, with corbelled
forestair at centre; lintel to doorway below stair; to left
opening enlarged as doorway; small window at ground to
outer right bay, and under eaves flanking 1st floor door.
Irregular bays to left in much altered range, 3 enlarged
windows at ground (1 formerly a door), 1 door and
1 small window; 3 widely spaced windows at 1st floor.
SW ELEVATION: fronting narrow wynd; blank gable wall at
right; lower 2-storey cottage adjoined to left, with door
bearing lintel incised "JW 1750", evidently inserted later;
blocked square low openings to right of centre, minimal
forestair at centre and small window to left above further
GARDEN ELEVATION: later 19th century extension under
cat-slide roof; much 20th century alteration. Small-plane
glazing pattern to sash and case windows to SE.
Pantiles. Stugged ashlar stacks.