Circa 1870. 2-storey gabled farmhouse, with 1st floor
breaking eaves. Roughly squared red sandstone rubble
with grey ashlar dressings, base and band courses.
Chamfered reveals. Stone mullions.
N ELEVATION: 4-bay, asymmetrical. bipartite stair
window off-centre to right, under eaves, with small
window at ground, narrow gabled bay to left with
windows to each floor, flanked to outer left by wider and
taller gabled bay with porch adjoined at right and
2 varied 1st floor windows; gabled timber porch with
decorative details; geometric tiles to floor; 2-leaf door
with decorative fittings. Outer bay to right gabled, with
bipartite at ground and 1st floor window.
W ELEVATION: 2 gabled service buildings projecting at
ground, adjoined at W. Service court enclosed by ashlar
coped walls to W.
E ELEVATION: gabled bay to left, bipartites at ground;
1st floor windows, that to right breaking eaves in gabled
6-pane glazing pattern to sash and case window; timber
eaves brackets and plain barge boards. Grey ashlar
stacks with moulded coping.
TERRACE WALLS: red rubble walls with grey ashlar coping
to terrace on falling ground to S and E.
GATEPIERS: pair of red sandstone ashlar drum piers with
Statement of Special Interest
Sited to N of Presmennan Lake which was constructed circa
1819, with backdrop of evergreen plantation. The gabled form
of the house, with low service wing and enclosed court to
one side, is similar to that of Ninewar, Dunbar Parish,
listed separately, though with different details, and to
Drumcharry, Montrose Road, Auchterarder Burgh; the latter
was by Alexander MacGregor and it is possibly that Presmennan
Farmhouse and Ninewar were also by him.