Circa 1820. 2-storey, 3-bay house with classically
detailed facade, almost certainly incorporating earlier
house, and adjoined to another at right angles. Pink
sandstone ashlar, with droved dressings and eaves
course; harl-pointed rubble to sides.
NE ELEVATION; pilastered and corniced doorpiece at
centre; flush 9-pane door with decorative fanlight.
1st floor window at centre with tablet over; windows to
both floors in flanking bays.
Blank end elevations with wallhead stacks.
12-pane glazing pattern to sash and case windows. Grey
slates to piend roof. Some original chimney cans
RETAINING WALLS: low rubble walls with ashlar coping and
wrought-iron railings to front garden; decorative
wrought-iron gate bearing name "St Mary's". Coped
rubble garden wall on higher ground to S.
Statement of Special Interest
Former internal door linking with Wayside (to W) is currently
(1989) blocked. A large, early barn sited to E, may fall
within the policies of St Mary's, and almost certainly did
so originally: it is listed separately.