Quadrangular stable block of varying dates,
predominantly circa 1825, incorporating earlier fabric and
with classical S elevation and Tudor details circa 1850;
single and 2-storey ranges. Droved pink ashlar to S
elevation; red rubble sides and ashlar dressings; moulded
cornice with blocking course, base course, hoodmoulds.
Principal S range: 4 symmetrical 2-storey bays; sliding
garage doors added to openings at centre; recessed
square panels at 1st floor, each with window, linking
band course at level meeting rail; keystoned broad
hoodmould to each panel. Blank tablet with cornice above
at centre. Single storey corniced bays flanking, slightly
recessed, each with pedestrian doorway. Side ranges:
single storey, containing stables, with large windows and
doors at intervals.
Rear N range: 7, near-symmetrical, 2-storey bays.
Centre bay slightly advanced with segmental carriage arch
at ground, and stone mullioned tripartite above; tablet
set in blocking course at centre. Doorway flanked by
2 windows at ground to left, with 3 windows above.
2 doorways to right with 3 windows at ground and
3 above. Small-pane fanlights and glazing pattern to
sash and case windows, with pivoted panes in place of
upper sashes to stables. Roof not seen (1989).
INTERIOR: whitewashed stables with plaster cornice and
keystoned niche hayhecks, cast-iron railings, and with
some original paintwork remaining; timber stall divisions
with acorn finials, partially retained. Laundry sited in