1877. Single storey T-plan gabled school. Squared and
snecked stugged red sandstone with cream stugged ashlar
dressings, rubble at rear. Crowstepped gables; beak
W (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: gabled porch set in re-entrant
angle adjoined to E-W gabled wing; dated shield above
4-centred doorway with hoodmould and vertically paned
fanlight; boarded door. Hoodmoulded windows. Tripartite
to outer right with moulded blank square panel above
centre, small gable head window and corbelled base of
former bellcote. Recessed bays of N-S wing to left with
E (REAR) ELEVATION: gable to left of E-W wing with
tripartite window and small light above. No hoodmoulds.
S ELEVATION: raised gabled panel breaking eaves at
centre with tripartite window bearing taller centre
light, stepped down below in corbelled fashion
incorporating round arched niche. Single lights flanking
in outer bays. Hoodmoulds to all openings.
N GABLE: bipartite window with no hoodmould. Lean-to
harled boiler room adjoining to right.
Small-pane glazing to sash and case windows. Coped
ridge stack and N gable end stack with original can.
Rubble retaining wall holding higher ground on school
side to S, E and W.