William Burn, circa 1833, incorporating earlier work,
notably the S range. Squared and snecked red rubble sandstone
with ashlar dressings.
W (ENTRANCE) RANGE: 2 square ashlar gatepiers, with shield
and coronet dies, flanking timber gates; low range running N
and S, each with ventilation slits; advanced gabled bay set
in re-entrant angle to S. Range closed by advanced gabled end
elevations of N and S ranges. 2 stables to left side block,
and formerly to right, opening on courtyard with doors
flanked by windows.
N RANGE: 6 segmentally carriage arches to courtyard
elevation, with timber doors.
S RANGE: 8 regular bays to S, with gabled dormerhead windows
breaking eaves to outer 3 bays each side, louvred for hayloft
to 2 to outer left, remainder with small-pane glazing.
Hayloft door to W gable, window to attic of E gable, both
with large die skewputts and wallhead stacks. Incised
ornament incorporated in rubble masonry, taken from ruins of
St Baldred's Kirk, in grounds of Tyninghame House. Boarded
stalls retained in interior, with hay racks and cast-iron
E RANGE: (leading to sub-court and piggery); gateway off-
centre to left of courtyard elevation with timber gates; 3
bays to left of doorway flanked by windows, with gabled
hayloft dormer above centre; 4 bays to right with segmental
archway to stables set off-centre to right, with dormered
hayloft above and windows to remaining bays. 4 semi-
circular arched hay hecks to stone flagged stables.
Long gabled range running E beyond sub-court, with
ventilators; remains of walled piggery runs to N.
Courtyard partly with setts, mostly tarmac-ed. Variety of
small-pane glazing and louvred openings in sash and case
windows. Crowstepped gables with beak skewputts; grey slates,
with pantiles to piggery.