Circa 1840. Single storey U-plan pair of cottages with
2-storey extension at rear to N (Teviot Cottage).
Squared and snecked stugged rubble and ashlar dressings.
W (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: 2 gabled porches, obliquely set
in re-entrant angles, with boarded doors and strip
fanlights. 2 windows at centre. Gables with stone
mullioned bipartites and corbelled wallhead stacks
N AND S ELEVATIONS: symmetrical with 3 windows.
E ELEVATION: blank at centre and to left with harled
pentice roofed outbuildings added. 2-storey almost
contemporary addition to outer right with ground and 1st
floor windows on S return and gable above eaves to W;
polychrome brick wallhead stack.
Lying-pane glazing pattern to sash and case windows.
Saw-tooth ashlar skews. Coped stacks. Grey slates.
Statement of Special Interest
Sited by village green between school and smithy group.
Formerly known as Smith's House.
B Group with Items 15-17, 28-34, 36, 37, 39.