Circa 1830 alterations and additions, William Burn, of
earlier service court, to form enclosed courtyard entered
by gateway at NE. Random rubble with ashlar dressings.
S RANGE: 3 adjoining symmetrical gabled blocks of 2-storey
with 1st floor windows breaking eaves and with taller block
at centre. Crowstepped gable dormerheads and skews. 2 doors
N ELEVATION: gabled full-height projection at centre of outer
right block. Centre block blank. Central ground floor window
to outer left block, flanked to left by segmentally arched
recess. 3 1st floor dormer windows.
W GABLE: square tower corbelled above skewputt level with
blank circular panel in square surround, Roman numerals clock
above. Circular window to N side, echoed in single storey
gabled block adjoining at right angles at SW. Swept pyramidal
roof with swept gabled ventilators. Attenuated finial.
Single storey lean-to outbuildings to W range with some
doorways altered to windows. Coal sheds with lean-to roof to
WATER TOWER: 18th century square plan pyramidally roofed
tower adjoining N range of outbuildings by entrance gates.
Doorway and opening at ground. Small 8-pane window above.
Small-pane glazing pattern to sash and case windows. Grey
slates. Gable end stacks.