1837, enlarged in 1894. Simple, rectangular-plan Gothic hall church. Cream-coloured harl with polished sandstone ashlar margins and dressings. Base course, quoin strips; eaves moulding. Lancet windows, deeply-moulded and chamfered margins.
S ELEVATION: 3 symmetrical bays, centre bay advanced, breaking eaves with Gothic ashlar birdcage belfry; slender broach spire; cross finial over each gablet; blind lucarnes on spire; lead, weather-vane finial. Pointed arch entrance, circa 1930s 2-leaf wooden door with multi- pane fanlight and upper panels. Large window above (3-light divisions). Flanking lancets, bipartite.
E ELEVATION: 4-bay main block with late 19th century 2 bays to outer right of flat-roofed link bay and lower, single storey vestry. Main block symmetrical with tall lancets. Metal plaque commemorating the war dead of both wars between outer left and penultimate bay. Link block with lancet-headed doorway and window; pedimented console below strip quoin and marks start of bracketted cornice; slate, half-piend roof of N apse seen above cornice. Slightly-advanced gable of vestry to outer right; broad, pointed-arch window (3-light division), blind roundel at gablehead; fleur-de-lys finial, squat, coped apex stack.
W ELEVATION: 4 bay symmetrical main block with later 19th century addition at rear, now somewhat obscured by modern rendered addition to W.
N ELEVATION: 4 symmetrical bays of later 19th century addition, pointed-arch windows directly under eaves (bipartite divisions). N gable of main body of church rising behind. Modern, flat-roofed, prefabricated addition attached to right.
Metal-framed windows with cusped trefoil heads, leaded windows, with low transom divisions. Grey slate roof, ashlar coping to skews and skewputts; scroll bracketted skewblocks.
INTERIOR: plain vestibule with doors to right and left to main
body of church and stair at left to gallery. Wooden gallery at S
end; centre stained glass rose window, side window with coloured border glass. Plain cornice; painted ceiling with large plasterwork roundels with cast-iron grilles; small round ceiling lights. Tall lancets lighting church; organ on left side. Apsed chancel at centre of N end, set within Tudor arch, lit by cusped lancets; earlier 20th century altar furniture, pulpit dedicated 28 April 1935 to Archibald Grieve McCall 1872-1929. Committee room at rear N refurbished at time of visit. 1930s stained glass; WW1 memorial plaque.
MONUMENT: later 19th century/early 20th century Celtic cross
monument to SW of main entrance. Pedestal base inscribed to
the memory of John McDonald of Belmore (died 1891).
Heavily-carved interlacing decoration, bosses; rope moulding on
BOUNDARY WALL AND GATEPIERS: rubble wall with semi- circular coping. Large gatepiers with base course, stop-chamfered arrises, pyramidal caps.