Earlier 19th century core, substantially remodelled and enlarged
in 1856, refurbished 1984 by Property Services Agency. 2-storey, asymmetrical, L-plan Italianate villa. Harled with yellow
sandstone margins and dressings. Projecting bracketted eaves;
base course; round-arched windows.
S (MAIN) ELEVATION: 7 bays. 3-stage, campanile entrance tower to left; corniced and pilastered door, urn balustrade, 2-leaf panelled door; window at 1st floor, tripartite arcade window at upper floor, piended roof. Taller, narrow 4-stage square tower in re-entrant angle to outer left, narrow windows. Lower 4-bay block to right with 5th gabled bay to outer right, windows disposed thus on each floor tripartite-single-single-bipartite with bipartite window at ground of gable; oriel with large arched window at 1st floor.
W ELEVATION: 4-bay block with narrow entrance tower recessed to outer right. Gable to outer left with full-height canted bay, small arched window in gablehead; centre 2 bays with architraved bipartite windows; gable to outer right with broad canted window at ground, battered base, balustrade; 3-light arcade window at 1st floor, single arched window in gablehead.
4-pane and plate glass sash and case windows, secondary glazing. Grey slate roof, velux rooflights. Chimneys removed on refurbishment.
INTERIOR: refurbished in 1984, now modern office interior, suspended ceilings etc.