H-plan mansion dating variously between earlier/mid 18th
century and circa 1830. Mainly 2 storeys, harled with ashlar
margins; west garden front of coursed pinned rubble with
tooled ashlar dressings. U-plan entrance front, flanked to
east by 2-storey crowstepped wing dated 1742; linked to similar
wing by centre mid/later 18th century 3-storey, 4-bay block
and circa 1825 Roman Doric colonnade; large 1st floor windows,
small in 2nd floor, piended roof. Long west facing coursed
rubble garden elevation of different builds including two
2-storey, 3-bay blocks and large projecting bowed and
crenellated drawing room and dining room extension of circa
1800, with round-headed, key-stoned 1st floor windows and
centre ground floor glazed door.
Multi-pane glazing; later glazing to colonnade; eaves and
lintel bands in centre south facing entrance block; corniced
ridge and end stacks; slate roofs, ridge finials.
Interior: swagged decorative plaster cornice, panelled chair
rail and marble fireplace in bow-fronted west facing drawing
room; further fine plaster work in stairwell and drawing room
in centre, mid-18th century portion.
Garden walls: dated 1781; high harl pointed rubble garden walls
with ashlar copes.
Gate piers: (NH884800). Earlier 19th century; square chamfered
ashlar with moulded copes surmounted by stone balls bearing
diminutive obelisk finials. Similar end piers linked by low
squared rubble quadrants with ashlar copes.