1780, vestry added 1833; repairs etc, Ross and Joass, 1862;
alterations, Ian Lindsay, circa 1938. Rectangular church,
pinned random rubble, ashlar dressings. Pair long round-headed
keystoned windows with blocked imposts and multi-pane glazing;
similar later window in outer east bay in place of former door;
wide corniced and chamfered entrance in outer west bay with
small round-headed window above. Projecting centre Minister's
porch (vestry) with small window. Single windows in ground and
gallery level of each gable, and 3 in north elevation, that in
outer NW bay being later insertion. All windows similarly
detailed; stained glass in that in ground floor, east gable.
Blind occulus in each gable apex.
Long and short quoins; deep moulded eaves cornice north and
south elevations returning briefly at corners. Small birdcage
bellcote with ball finials at outer angles of plinth and apex
of dome; apex ball finial at east. Slate roof; stone ridge.
Interior; re-cast; simple panelled gallery at west end;
painted panelled pulpit.
Burial ground; rubble walls with crenellated cope; pair
gate piers, possibly Ross and Joass, 1862. Pair panelled
ashlar monolith piers with shaped caps; pair spearhead
detailed cast-iron carriage gates.
Statement of Special Interest
Building in ecclesiastical use as such. Minister's room in
south elevation now serves as boiler room. Earlier church
sited in present Old Urray Burial Ground. Stones from that
building incorporated in 1780 church. Church reseated, circa
Memorial to Misses Douglas communion table and baptismal
bracket all designed by Ian G Lindsay (Information by courtesy
of Minister of Urray Parish). Pre-reformation church bell
(cracked) in porch.