Circa 1819. Former school and adjoining schoolhouse, now comprising one dwelling. Single storey and attic, 3-bay house, with single storey, 5-bay school adjoined to W, forming long range. Painted rubble. Painted brick dressings, including long and short quoins and margins, to schoolhouse porch and left porch of school.
S ELEVATION: 3-bay schoolhouse to right, 5-bay school to left.
SCHOOLHOUSE: square stone porch at centre, with dentil course, cornice and blocking course; door to left return and window to S. Window in outer bays. Gabled dormer windows above outer bays.
SCHOOL: square stone porch in bay to outer left, with dentil course and blocking course; door to S. Gabled stone porch in bay to right of centre, with ball finial; window to right return, reduced from doorway, and window to S. Window in each remaining bay.
E ELEVATION: 2 lower gabled additions to left and right; left addition with window to S and flat-roofed porch to E gable.
W ELEVATION: gable to right, with brick wall adjoined to left and sliding machinery door to right. Later piended addition to left, with painted brick dressings; window to left and right, with tall off-set wallhead stack between.
N ELEVATION: L-plan, formed by piended addition to right; gabled addition, with further adjoining flat-roofed addition, in re-entrant angle.
Sash and case windows, with variety of glazing; 6-pane to school, some 2-pane, some 12-pane. Red sandstone coped skews. Gablehead stacks to E and W, ridge between school and schoolhouse. Grey slates. Octagonal cans.
BOUNDARY WALL: rubble boundary wall to schoolhouse to S. Pair of rubble conical-capped drum gatepiers.