1547-1570. Ruined L-plan tower house. 3-storey and attic. Rubble; some sandstone dressings. Remains of dressed margins to some openings. Crowstepped; crowsteps built of small stones covered over with slate-like slab.
L-plan to S. Doorway to S in re-entrant angle into E jamb; rubble double arch over. Square sandstone plaque inscribed "G A 1547" to E return of re-entrant; relieving arch above. Corbelled bartizan, with 3 small windows, to SW angle. Various window openings. Remains of crowsteps to gables. Turnpike stair in E jamb. Barrel-vaulted chamber at ground floor; narrow windows to N and S; 2 small aumbries at E and
W angles. Single apartment at 1st floor; small turnpike staircase
at SE angle, corbelled out over INTERIOR angle, formerly leading to 2 upper floors; fireplace to E at 1st floor; 2 aumbries to N and 1 to SW.
Rubble wall enclosing ground around castle.