William MacKenzie, Perth, 1839. Rectangular-plan, Gothic church with tower and spire at E end. Stugged pink and cream sandstone coursers, ashlar (mostly droved) dressings, slate roof. Base course, chamfered angles, crowstepped gables. Shallow-pointed Y-traceried windows with chamfered margins; hoodmoulds at E front, mask corbel/label stops to doors and 1st floor tower window; stepped, chamfered doorcases.
E (ENTRANCE) GABLE: slightly advanced 2-stage entrance tower at centre; 2-leaf panelled door with astragalled pointed fanlight, leaded diamond panes, window above; louvred windows to all elevations at 2nd stage; parapet of crowstepped pediments and finialled dies, pyramidal stone spire with flying buttresses at angles, lucarnes? to all elevations. 2-leaf doors with window above flank tower at main elevation.
N AND S ELEVATIONS: 3 large windows, symmetrically placed.
W ELEVATION: 2 large windows, round window above.
INTERIOR: Vestibule: boarded dado; 2 stone geometric stairs to gallery; profusely carved memorial stone (1742) to James Cocks of Locheye, his wife Isobel Doig and son William, removed from Dargie churchyard 1914; plaster cast of circa 9th century stone depicting horseman, found at Bullion Farm, Invergowrie, 1934 (original in Museum of Antiquities, Edinburgh); classical memorial to Alexander Watt, (died 1851); alms dish dated 1751. Original pitchpine pews, some convertible to communion tables, boarded dado; horseshoe gallery supported on timber columns, fluted octagonal section above pews, panelled gallery front, raised elongated bookrest at E bearing set of shields depicting the lion rampart (Gray family) and allegorical representation of naval victory of Camperdown (Duncan family); 2 stained glass windows to W gable in memory of Rev John Wilson, J and W Guthrie, Glasgow; 2 manual and pedal organ, Alexander Young and Sons, Manchester 1880, pump handle intact; font, 2nd World War memorial.
CHURCHYARD, BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATEPIERS: mostly 19th and 20th century tombstones; plain ?consecration? cross in churchyard extension (1933) constructed from stone taken from the ?Hurly Hawkin? (Scheduled Monument, see Dalgetty); rubble boundary walls, saddleback-coped with cast-iron railings to E, 2 ashlar gatepiers with shallow pyramidal caps, cast-iron gate.
OLD FONT: plain, octagonal pre-Reformation stone font (damaged) to N of entrance tower.