Circa 1830, school extended to N (and single storey W bay probably added to house) Mr Salmond, 1873. Single storey, rectangular-plan school adjoining 2-storey, 3-bay school house forming T-plan complex. Rubble, droved and margined dressings, stugged and margined at additions, piended slate roofs. 16-pane sash and case windows to S elevation of house and 3 original W elevation bays of school; mostly bipartite 12-pane sash and case elsewhere. Ashlar end stack rising through eaves at N gable of school, brick stack to E elevation, brick end stacks to house.
S ELEVATION: boarded door with fanlight to centre, window to left and right, 3 windows to 1st floor, 12-pane window to single storey bay recessed to left.
SCHOOL TO LEFT: lean-to entrance porch to right, multi-pane dormer with half-piended roof above, 3 windows to left, lean-to entrance porch to far left with bipartite 6-pane window, doors to left and right returns, bipartite to far left behind cast-iron railings.
HOUSE TO RIGHT: single storey gable advanced from house gable to left, 12-pane window, door with fanlight to left return, 12-pane window to 1st floor main house left return.
E ELEVATION: house gable to left, 16-pane window to 1st floor left; school recessed to right, 3 bipartite windows, single window to left.
INTERIOR: school now 1 room, boarded dado. House; chimneypieces removed, some panelled window reveals, well stair with plain cast-iron balusters.
BOUNDARY WALLS: rubble boundary wall to N and E, rubble wall with saddleback coping, footgate and iron railings curved to SW corner.