Built 1835. Rectangular-plan, symmetrical church with Gothic
details. Entrance front to Townhead Street: polished ashlar.
Shallow advanced entrance bay approached by steps, with door
having splayed reveals and hood mould. Blind castellated
parapet above. 1 tall window in each outer bay, gallery
window over entrance, all with Tudor arches, Y-tracery
and hood moulds. Slender octagonal shafts at outer angles
support cornice, blocking course and pinnacles. Elevation to
Thomson Street harled, with 4 tall, segmental-headed
windows. Piended slate roof. Original octagonal gatepiers
with corniced caps; decorative cast iron railings.
Interior: pulpit, flanked by stairs with iron balustrades and
tall windows, leaded glass panels by W. & J. J. Kier of
Glasgow. Gallery on 3 walls, supported by slender cast-
iron clustered columns.