Improved courtyard farmsteading circa 1850, with picturesque alterations and additions by Brown and Wardrop, 1870 and 1871, surviving at E and N ranges; S and W ranges much altered.
E (ENTRANCE) RANGE: 3-bay single-storey CENTRE-PIECE WITH central tower, Brown and Wardrop, 1870; central segmental-arched pend below tower, flanked on N and S by flat-roofed single-storey wings (? stores) with segmental-arched openings and vertically boarded doors (left arch possibly altered); rendered brick with red sandstone dressings; decorative brick pepperpot turrets corbelled at angles, with polychrome fishscale-slated caps; 2-storey crowstep-gabled tower has steeply-pitched roof with decorative clay tiles in alternate horizontal bandings, small cast-iron finials and pierced decorative ridge tiles; mannered rustic keystones at pend arch; inscribed red sandstone panels above pend arch on E and W elevations, corbelled bracketted niche in gable apex above at E, trefoil and quatrefoil stone roundels above at W (courtyard) elevation; small single-storey outshots at rear re-entrant angles, and concrete additions to NE courtyard angle.
Single-storey range at S of E range much altered (of little interest).
HOUSE AT NE ANGLE: Brown and Wardrop, 1871; asymmetrical E elevation with timber bracketted and gabletted porch in gabled bay to right; overhanging bracketted eaves; window at left with modern glazing; bipartite to right. N elevation: single window, left; tripartite, right below timber bracketted dormer window. N range: 2-storey, 3-bay BOTHY at centre; rubble-built (recently re-pointed at front, rendered on rear-courtyard elevation); door to left with timber-bracketted ?sloped-roofed porch, with same decorative tiles as roof which has alternate bandings of decorative and plain clay tiles, pierced tile cresting, and 3 ridge stacks in English brick (tiple stacked at centre, paired at ends); steep-pitched roof. 2 windows at ground, 3 close up at eaves at 1ast, with samll-paned sash and case glazing. 1950's dormer window additions at rear. At NW is single-storey L-plan DAIRY: asymmetrical N elevation, single window,l bipartite at centre, and bracketted gable at right which is timber-boarded above. Repointed rubble, slate roof; pierced ridge tiles. Alterations to openings on W elevation. Dimminutive bracketted and louvred dormer windows on both elevations; timber cusped detailing in dormer gablettes; louvres fron/n facing at N; side-facing (N and S) on W; W dormers retain original hopper glazing. Raised ridge vent at W bays. 4 blocked windows and boarded door at rear/courtyard elevation. Diary interior: segmental-arched recesses at E Wall, with patterned glazed tiles on wall to shoulder height and on flagged floor (now damsaged). W range very altered beyond dairy: single-storey BARN next to dairy has modern asbestos sheeting over timber-beamed roof (originally containing horse mill); single-storey altered block at SW angle, and CARTSHED at S range: replaced asbestos roofing; symmetrical 5-bay courtyard elevation, with 5 segmental cart arches (3 to left infilled); central gabled hayloft at 1st floor flanked by 4 hayloft openings at eaves. Mannered rustic keystones at cart arches. Timber beamed construction.